We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please check my disclosure policy to learn more.
The most horrifying concern among the young generation specially young women and girls is acne and skin pigmentation. It starts as a dark patch on the skin on your face. Sometimes it becomes too embarrassing for the individual with pigmentation and acne issues to even face the public.
Let’s learn how to use a simple home remedy – potato, for acne and dark spots.
Can Potato Help In Reducing Acne Scars And Dark Spots?
Acne is caused by skin inflammation, which may be influenced by cytokines.
Does potato help with acne? Potato can help get rid of acne scars and dark spots. Use it as a toner or blend along with any of your face masks, or freeze it to ice cubes and use it on your skin once it sets.
- Potato juice contains a lot of nutrients, including Vitamin B & C, potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, and copper. Since potato juice is so nutrient dense, it offers a wide range of benefits for the skin. One of those benefits include making your skin clear and blemish free.
- The peels of potato and potato juice have skin bleaching properties that fade away acne scars, spots and blemishes.
- The vitamins present in potato help to reduce premature aging of the face and thereby reduce the age spots and pigmentation. Vitamin C present in potatoes helps build collagen and improves collagen health.
- The starch present in potato reduces pigmentation and enhances your natural glow.
- Potato slows down the aging process and moisturizes your skin to prevent formation of dark spots or acne scars.
- Potato is a natural skin lightening agent and helps in clearing hyperpigmentation and blemishes.
- Potato helps exfoliate skin and remove dead skin cells.
How To Use Potato For Acne?
Acne is caused by clogged pores, which is a result of overproduction of sebum and presence of bacteria.
Let’s see how to get rid of all your skin problems by using only one natural ingredient ie. potato for skin acne.
Step 1: Potato Slices
Let’s see how you can use a potato slice on face for acne scars.
For the first step, you will need a potato. Peel the potato and cut into circular pieces.
Now rub this potato slice on your face wherever you have dark spots or acne scars. Continue this for 5-10 min and then wash your face. The acid present in potato will work as a mild antibacterial agent, that will help your body to kill the acne causing bacteria.
Potato is very effective in removing dark spots, acne, pigmentation and other skin problems. It is also a great bleaching agent that makes your skin fair and gives you younger-looking skin.
Now for the removal of dark circles, take two potato slices, and place it on your eyes for 15-20 min. You can see amazing results by doing this daily for a week.
Step 2: Potato Lemon Face Mask
For the second step, you will have to prepare a potato face mask for acne scars. First, you will need to grind a potato in a mixer. Do not use any water in this process. Now, take out the potato juice by straining it. Now squeeze half a lemon into the potato juice.
To use this potato juice for acne marks , dip a cotton pad into this mixture and apply it on your face.
Potato juice removes blemishes and makes your skin fairer. It also removes wrinkles and is very effective in the removal of dark spots.
By using potato juice on face for acne scars, you can also completely remove your dark spots from your face and also achieve a super clear and glowing skin.
How To Use Potato For Dark Spots On Face
Dark spots can be so annoying. They make our skin appear dull, and old. What exactly are dark spots? Dark spots are patches of skin which are discolored because of production of more melanin than usual.
What are the causes of dark spots? Dark spots can occur because of variety of reasons, like over-exposure to sunlight, pregnancy, hormonal imbalance, side effects of medicines, vitamin deficiencies etc.
But, fret not! We have got an easy remedy to help – potato. Yes, potato! Potatoes do an excellent job of removing dark spots. They are full of natural bleaching agents that work effectively on dark spots and hyperpigmentation.
Let’s see how we can use potatoes for removing dark spots by preparing an easy face pack.
- Take 1 fresh potato.
- Peel its skin.
- Cut it into small cubes.
- Crush the potato to make a smooth paste.
- Take 2 tablespoons of potato paste and add 1 tablespoon of fuller’s earth/multani mitti.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of rose water.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Apply this face pack on your face and neck.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
This potato face pack can help eliminate dark spots. You can also use this pack for removing blemishes and pimples. It works well for oily skin and removes impurities from the skin.
Can Potato Remove Pimples?
Yes, potato can be used for pimple marks to some extent, but you might not get immediate results by just using potatoes. It’s best to use a salicylic acid based cleanser daily to get effective results .
How To Use Potato For Pigmentation
Pigmentation occurs when dark spots are formed on the skin, giving it a dull appearance. To get rid of these stubborn pigmentation spots, we often resort to using high end BB creams, concealers etc.
Potatoes can be used as an anti-pigmentation agent. Potatoes work really well on pigmented areas and blemishes.
Let’s see how to prepare a simple potato and rice face pack for pigmentation –
- 1 teaspoon potato juice
- 1 teaspoon rice flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon honey
How To Use Potato Mask For Pigmentation
- Mix all the ingredients to form a thick paste.
- Apply it on your face and neck and leave it to dry.
- Use water to scrub the dry face pack gently. Clean your face thoroughly in a circular motion.
Why This Works
Potato juice helps in removing tan and acne spots. Rice flour scrubs the dead skin cells, leaving it glowing and soft. Lemon juice helps in tightening the pores, and honey keeps the skin moisturized.
Dilute the lemon juice if you have super sensitive skin as it might cause skin irritation.
Did you like these super-simple remedies to use potato on face for acne scars, dark spots and pigmentation? Don’t forget to comment below if you did :).