We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please check my disclosure policy to learn more.
Looking for a homemade toner for oily skin in summer?
Today I am going to show you how you can make your very own toner at home using natural ingredients. I will be using green tea and rice for this DIY green tea toner.
Rice is known to brighten up our skin. So, this green tea toner DIY recipe can also be used to get a glowing skin.
Download Your Free Checklist
Learn the tried and tested tips to help battle oily skin and deal with the shine. Grab Your checklist now!
Can You Use Green Tea As A Toner?
Green tea is known for its amazing health benefits, but you will be amazed to know that green tea provides a myriad of health benefits when applied topically to the skin as well, an example in the form of a toner.
- Green tea is rich in antioxidants and other properties that can fight inflammation and bacteria. The antioxidants present in green tea help in preventing free radical damage and delay aging.
- Green tea is very useful for treating oily skin. The tannins present in green tea act as an astringent which shrinks pores.
- Green tea also helps to reduce the production of sebum by the glands in each pore. This makes green tea a much better solution for treating oily skin, as it works by reduction of oil from skin glands, rather than removing all the natural oils from the skin.
Homemade green tea toner has an energizing scent and is a great way to treat acne-prone skin, get rid of excess oil from face and fight the signs of aging.
Let’s see how you can use green tea to face benefits in the form of a DIY toner.
How Do You Make Homemade Green Tea Toner?
1) First, let’s take a pan and put some water in it. Put it on a stove and keep the flame high.
2) When the water starts boiling, put 1 teaspoon green tea leaves into it and let it simmer on a low flame for 5 minutes.
3) Turn off the flame and stir the mixture once.
4) You don’t have to keep the green tea and water mixture on flame for too long. In just 5 minutes, you will see that the water has turned brownish-green.
5) Strain the green tea water in a clean bowl.
6) In this mixture, we will now add 1-2 tablespoons of rice. You do not have to grind the rice. Just add it directly to the green tea water. Make sure rice is completely clean before adding it to the water.
7) Cover the mixture and let it sit overnight or 4-6 hours.
8) The mixture will be ready to use in the morning. All the benefits of rice will get infused in the green tea water.
9) Strain the green tea and rice water in a clean bottle. You can simply use a spray bottle for this purpose.
Your green tea toner recipe is now ready to use. I would not recommend this toner for dry skin people at all, as it will slightly dry out your skin.
It’s good to use the right ingredients for your skin, especially when going for the DIY recipes. This green tea toner benefits oily, acne-prone skin.
I hope you guys liked this DIY green tea toner recipe for oily skin. Please do not forget to comment below if you did 🙂
21 free tips for oily skin
Tried and tested tips to help you battle oily skin and deal with the shine.