This post might contain affiliate links. I get paid a small commission (at no extra cost for you) if any sales are made through it but I only recommend products that I truly believe in! Please check my disclosure policy to learn more.
Shine is a beautiful thing on your hair, lips, or nails. But on your face, not so much.
In this post, I will teach you how to make a simple DIY Charcoal and Tea Tree soap for oily skin. We will follow a very simple & safe method of making this soap called the Melt & pour method.
Benefits Of Charcoal For Oily Skin
Charcoal is a very popular ingredient in skincare products because of its ability to draw toxins out of the skin and remove them from the body. Charcoal is a very effective way to remove toxins from the skin. Charcoal has been used in hospitals for treating alcohol poisoning for thousands of years.
Charcoal is a great way to cleanse your skin by removing dirt and impurities. Charcoal is a natural exfoliant, which means that it can help remove dead skin cells, dirt, and other impurities from the surface of your skin. Charcoal is also effective at removing excess oil and sebum.
Benefits Of Tea Tree Oil For Oily Skin
Oily skin is a common problem for many people, and tea tree oil has been used for centuries to treat it. Tea tree oil has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe the skin.
All you need to do is add a drop of tea tree oil to a sunscreen lotion or moisturizer and apply it gently to the skin.
Diy Charcoal And Tea Tree Soap For Oily Skin
1. First, start with the opaque white soap base.
2. Cut it into uniform, even chunks so that they melt uniformly.
3. Put it in the container and microwave it for about 30 seconds.
4. Now add about 2 tbsp of finely ground rice. Rice is known for its oil-absorbing properties.
5. Add about 7-8 drops of tea tree essential oil.
6. Mix it all well and pour it into the mold.
7. I use a big loaf mold, which can make about 7 soap bars. You can choose to make this in a smaller mold too.
8. Spray some rubbing alcohol to smoothen out the bubbles.
9. Now keep it aside to set for about 7 minutes till the top layer is firm.
10. Now, for the second layer, cut & melt chunks of the clear base. We will need a lot of it as we want a broader layer of charcoal in the soap.
11. Add about 8 tsp of charcoal powder, which has the power to absorb impurities and also detoxifies the skin. And again, adding 10 drops of tea tree essential oil for its fragrance and oil-absorbing properties.
12. Now pour it slowly and evenly on the set soap in the mold.
13. Cut 2 strips of white soap base and place it on an almost set charcoal layer for some designing effect.
14. On top of this, pour more charcoal soap mixture to cover the two strips.
15. Let it sit again for 30 mins.
16. Unmold and cut the soap bars.
There you go. You have this beautiful tea tree and charcoal soap, ready Handmade soaps add a personal touch, and give a creative satisfaction too. So make sure to give it a try.
If you love DIYs, here are some more remedies.