We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please check my disclosure policy to learn more.
Living with oily skin is very tough, isn’t it? Your face just gets greasier through the course of the day.
Excess oil on your face can lead to acne, dull skin and itchy face, among various other problems.
One of the best ways to get rid of excess oil and dead skin cells from the face is to use an exfoliating scrub.
The facial scrubs that are available in the market can be really expensive and full of harmful chemicals.
Your search for the perfect face scrub for oily skin, that is inexpensive, made from natural substances, and free from chemical preservatives, ends here with this article.
In this post, we will learn how to prepare and use olive oil and sugar face scrub to prevent excess oil from clogging into your pores.
This oil sugar scrub recipe uses olive oil and sugar as its main ingredients. This sounds counter-productive. Oil for treating oily skin? I know. Just bear with me for a while.
Download Your Free Checklist
Learn the tried and tested tips to help battle oily skin and deal with the shine. Grab Your checklist now!
Olive Oil Is Good For Oily Skin
Contrary to what it might sound like, olive oil is great for controlling oil production and acne. Too much oil and sugar might be bad for the stomach, but together they make a great combination for the skin!
Which Kind Of Olive Oil To Use?
For the best benefit to your skin, use extra virgin olive oil. Look for “first cold-pressed” on the bottle, as that will contain the most amount of anti-oxidants. Antioxidants help to keep the skin cells healthy and smooth.
Homemade Olive Oil And Sugar Face Scrub For Acne
This homemade olive oil and sugar scrub will help control acne and keep the shine away.
It is totally natural, affordable, and easy to use. My skin feels great after using this scrub. I never have to worry about shopping for an exfoliating product in the market, since I always have my homemade scrub in hand.
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of virgin olive oil (preferably extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 medium-sized container or jar
Preparing Basic Olive Oil And Sugar Scrub
- In a medium-sized container, put 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. If you have sensitive skin, try smaller grains of sugar or brown sugar. Brown sugar will be very gentle for the face.
- Mix the two ingredients well until a paste-like consistency is achieved.
- Feel the scrub with your fingers. If the scrub feels too coarse, add in some more olive oil. If it is too liquidy, add more sugar.
- Store this olive oil face scrub in the refrigerator. Sugar scrubs are known to be self-preserving, so you can keep this scrub for a really long time.
Using The Scrub On Your Face
- Wash your face with your regular face wash.
- Take out a small amount of the olive oil and sugar scrub on your hand.
- Massage the scrub on your face with gentle hands. Focus on the oily parts of your face, especially the T-zone.
- Rinse the scrub off with warm water. Follow it up by splashing your face with cold water.
- Apply a toner to your face, to close your pores.
- Follow up with some moisturizer.
How Often To Exfoliate With Olive Oil And Sugar Scrub
You can use the olive oil and sugar face scrub twice a week.
Olive Oil And Sugar Scrub Benefits
There are a lot of benefits of using this olive oil face scrub for oily skin.
Benefits Of Using Olive Oil For Oily Skin
- There are a lot of vitamins and minerals in extra virgin olive oil. These vitamins and minerals make the skin smooth and remove oil from the surface of the skin.
- The natural substance in olive oil is also known to naturally soften and moisturize the skin by locking the moisture into the skin.
- Olive oil also contains a lot of anti-oxidants. These anti-oxidants help to repair the skin and heal any damages.
- It can give a healthy glow to the skin.
- Olive oil also helps clear bacteria and inflammation.
- Olive oil also protects the skin against the harsh grains of the sugar. It has been used for a very long time for all skin types.
Benefits Of Using Sugar For Oily Skin
Sugar is a natural exfoliant and helps in reducing excess oil on the skin. It is great for treating acne by removing the skin peels that are leftovers of acne.
Combining olive oil and sugar serves as one of the best homemade face scrub for oily skin.
There Ya Go!
Do comment below if you liked this DIY olive oil sugar face scrub for acne and oily skin. It is all-natural, easy to prepare, and affordable.
21 free tips for oily skin
Tried and tested tips to help you battle oily skin and deal with the shine.