We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please check my disclosure policy to learn more.
In this post I am going to share a diy scrub recipe for oily skin. The star ingredients of the scrub are – egg, sea salt and lemon. This scrub works like magic for oily skin because lemon juice is good for skin brightening, egg white helps in tightening the skin, and sea salt helps in getting rid of all the dead skin cells.
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 medium sized container or jar
- In a container, put 1 egg white, 2 tablespoons of sea salt, and 1/2 tablespoon of lime juice.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly to form a scrub.
How To Use The Scrub
- Take a small amount of scrub on your hands and apply on your face.
- Massage gently for a few minutes.
- The entire process takes 6-7 minutes.
- Wash your face with warm water and immediately follow with splash of cold water.
- Moisturize your face using your favorite moisturizer.
- Repeat this once every week for best results.
Benefits Of The Sea Salt, Egg And Lime Juice Scrub
Egg whites are great for fighting oily skin as they shrink the pores and tighten the skin. Lime juice is helpful in skin lightening, softening, and reducing the blemishes. The citric acid present in lemon helps in controlling the secretion of oil.
This acid is also very helpful in killing the harmful acne causing bacteria and reducing the acne scars. Sea salt moisturizes the skin and its anti-septic properties help in removing excess oil, germs and bacteria on the skin.
This helps in getting smooth and clear skin. The minerals in natural sea salt can be beneficial and healing to the skin.
Minerals, such as magnesium, calcium and potassium all help in getting a healthy skin. Without these proper minerals, our skin can become imbalanced.
Do try out this diy sea salt, egg and lemon juice scrub recipe for oily skin. Don’t forget to comment below if you liked this recipe 🙂