This post might contain affiliate links. I get paid a small commission (at no extra cost for you) if any sales are made through it but I only recommend products that I truly believe in! Please check my disclosure policy to learn more.
Potato is a natural fruit from the ground that can be used for your face.
It has been scientifically proven to help reduce wrinkles and fine lines, while also moisturizing and softening skin. Potatoes are filled with antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, and other nutrients that are all great for your skin.
There are various ways in which you can use potato for face –
- For skin lightening
- As an exfoliating toner
- As a face cleanser
- Face pack for oily skin
- Face pack for dry skin
- Face pack for anti-aging
- For Reducing Acne And Dark Spots
- For Reducing Pimples
How Good Is Potato Juice For Face?
Potato juice is a natural beauty treatment that has been used for centuries. It’s rich in vitamins and nutrients, which can help your skin stay healthy and avoid wrinkles. Raw Potato juice is also good for you inside out. Potato contains potassium, magnesium, vitamin C, B6, and other antioxidants that can help you feel better from the inside out.
Read more to learn how to use potatoes for achieving each of these results.
1. Using Potato For Skin Lightening
Potatoes are rich in lectins and niacinamide . They are effective in interrupting the transfer of melanosomes(specialized pigment-containing organelle), which is the main reason why you can use potatoes to lighten skin.
Potato contains a host of nutrients, including Vitamins B and C, potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, and copper. Since raw potato juice is so nutrient-dense, it offers a wide range of benefits for the skin and helps in permanent skin lightening.
The vitamins present in potatoes help to reduce premature aging of the face and thereby reduce the age spots and pigmentation. Vitamin C present in potatoes helps build collagen and improves collagen health.
The starch present in potatoes reduces pigmentation and enhances your natural glow. You can use potatoes for skin lightening and for clearing hyperpigmentation and blemishes.
Now let’s see how to use a potato to lighten skin –
Potato Facial Bleach
This is a great remedy using potatoes for skin lightening.
This 15-minute skin bleaching formula gives instant results. It uses potato juice and treats your acne scars, pimples, marks.
This potato bleach is completely natural and has no side effects at all.
Using this potato bleach at home regularly will help remove any suntan and your skin will appear bright and radiant instantly.
Let’s go ahead and see how to prepare this magical potato bleach for the face.
- At first, peel off the raw potato skin and cut the potato into smaller potato slices.
- Now blend potato slices with some rose water.
- If your skin is oily, then add few drops of lemon juice into the paste. If your skin is dry, add 1 tablespoon of honey into this paste.
- Mix all the ingredients to form a paste.
- Apply this potato paste on your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. You might feel a slight tingling sensation on applying this paste, but that is perfectly normal. It just means that the skin bleaching is doing its job.
- Wash your face after 15 minutes.
- For better results, apply this 2-3 times a week.
Honey, Lemon & Potato Juice To Lighten Skin
Raw potato juice is excellent for skin lightening. Potato has mild bleaching properties that help reduce melanin production, reduces hyperpigmentation, and lightens the skin tone.
Potato has Vitamin C  which boosts collagen production and helps in maintaining skin elasticity. It also has catecholase enzymes that help reduce dark circles, dark spots, and acne scars, as well as helps with anti-aging.
Let’s see how to prepare this recipe.
- Grate some potato and take out its juice into a small bowl.
- Take 1 1/2 tablespoon honey and add 1 1/2 tablespoon potato juice into it.
- Add the juice of 1/2 a lemon into this mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients well. It will have a gel-like consistency.
- Apply this potato gel to your face. Honey, lemon, and potato are all great ingredients for your skin. Lemon juice in this mixture helps in getting rid of all the dead skin cells. Honey helps in getting glowing skin.
- Gently massage the potato gel on your face in a circular motion. It helps in the lightening of lips too, so you can apply this gel on your lips as well.
- Keep massaging for 10 minutes and after that leave it on your face for 5 minutes.
- Wash it off with normal water.
You can use this remedy 2-3 times a week. This potato gel actually gives instant results for the face. Do try it out.
Potato On Face Overnight
Applying raw potato on the face overnight can help in achieving glowing skin. Let’s see how you can use a potato face mask overnight for radiant skin.
- Peel one potato and cut it into smaller potato slices.
- Blend the potato slices in a blender to form a paste.
- Strain the juice from this paste into a bowl.
- Add 2 teaspoons of raw milk into the potato juice.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of wild turmeric into this mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Before going to bed, wash your face with warm water.
- Apply this mixture to your face and neck with the help of a cotton pad. Use generously on any acne or pigmentation.
The lactic acid present in milk naturally lightens the skin. Wild turmeric is also very helpful for glowing skin. It helps in removing any kind of marks from our faces.
- Leave the potato face mask on your face for the entire night.
- Wash it off with cold water in the morning.
You can use this remedy daily without worrying about any side effects. It is very light on the skin and suits all skin types. You can also store this potato face mask overnight in a refrigerator in the form of ice cubes.
Potato Face Pack
This face mask can help clear acne and reduce dark circles and dark spots as well. Using potato on your face overnight can help you get a glowing complexion in no time.
Let’s see how to prepare a potato face pack –
- Take some sandalwood powder or even fuller’s earth.
- Mix this powder with potato juice in a clean bowl, to form a thick paste.
- Apply this mixture as a face mask all over your face.
- Leave it on for 8-10 minutes.
- Wash it off with plain water.
- Use this pack once a week for great results.
Rice water is known for lightening skin naturally. Rice contains vitamins that help to reduce dark circles and pigmentation, minerals that tighten the skin’s open pores, and amino acids that are essential for beautiful skin. It also contains ferulic acid, a powerful anti-oxidant.
When mixed together, potato and rice cream work best for naturally lightening the skin tone.
Let’s see how to make this cream.
- Use 2-3 spoons full of plain white rice.
- Wash the rice with water to remove any dirt or dust.
- Keep the rice soaked in water for 15-20 minutes.
- Peel off the potato and cut it into small cubes.
- Take a cooker and add the potato cubes and rice into it.
- Add some water and put the mixture on medium flame.
- It will take 15-20 minutes for the mixture to cook completely.
- Put off the flame and leave the mixture to cool down for some time.
- Strain the mixture in slightly warmer conditions with the help of a strainer.
- Add 2 Vitamin E capsules into this mixture.
- Add 1 full tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of almond oil into this mixture.
- Add some lemon essential oil to the mixture. This will help to brighten the skin.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Use this potato cream anytime during the day after applying your favorite toner and/or moisturizer.
I have also listed some other natural ways to get glowing skin in one of my posts.
2. Using Potato As An Exfoliating Toner
Take a grated potato and add 2 tbsp of lemon juice to it. Apply all over your face avoiding the eyes, and let it rest for 30 minutes. You will notice that this toner helps to reduce dark circles, removes pigmentation, and also acts as a good exfoliator.
3. Using Potato As A Face Cleanser
Blend pieces of one potato and one cucumber in a blender for 20 seconds. Add a tsp each of baking soda and water to prepare a homemade cleanser.
Baking soda is added because it creates a chemical reaction that helps reduce the appearance of acne scars and spots on your skin after just one week.
4. Using Potato For Oily Skin
Peel a potato and finely grate it. Add some rose water and lemon juice to the mixture and apply all over your face. Let it sit for 15 minutes and wash it off with normal water. This face mask is great for oily skin.
5. Using Potato For Dry Skin
Peel a potato and finely grate it. Add some rose water and honey to the mixture and apply all over your face. Let it sit for 15 minutes and wash it off with normal water. This face mask is great for dry skin.
6. Using Potato For Anti-Aging
Potato is a vegetable that can be used for various purposes, including as an anti-aging product. Potato contains many minerals and vitamins such as Vitamin A which might help reduce wrinkles on the skin.
Add 1 tbsp of yogurt to the grated potato and apply all over your face. Leave it on for 30 minutes and rinse thoroughly for anti-aging benefits.
Alternatively, grate 1 potato, mix it with 2 Tbsp of olive oil then add 1 Tbsp honey before mixing thoroughly until a paste-like consistency is reached. Then apply all over your face for 10 minutes or so; rinse off afterward if you want! You’ll benefit from olive oil’s high levels of antioxidants while honey provides antibacterial properties for gentle cleansing on acne-prone areas. Olive oil is very hydrating as well.
7. Using Potato For Reducing Acne Scars And Dark Spots
Acne is caused by skin inflammation, which may be influenced by cytokines .
Potatoes have been used as a home remedy for acne since ancient times.
The raw potato juice soothes the inflammation and can help prevent pimples from forming on the skin.
If you don’t want to eat your potatoes, try using them in an organic face mask recipe that will also reduce dark circles, redness, and inflammation caused by acne breakouts.
- Potato And Tomato Facial
- Potato Facial For Dark Spots And Pigmentation
- Potato Ice Cubes For Dark Circles
8. Potato For Pimples
A lot of people experience pimples, and it can be frustrating to try and get rid of them. Luckily, there are some simple home remedies that you can use to treat your pimples at home – like potatoes.
Potatoes have natural skin-clearing properties that make them a great way to clear the pores on your face.
In order to treat pimples with raw potato slices, simply slice one raw potato into thin potato slices and then place them over the affected area overnight. The next morning you should notice an improvement in your skin condition.
Side Effects Of Using Potato For Face
Potatoes are a great remedy for the face, but they can also cause some minor side effects –
1. Potatoes contain natural acids that will dry out your skin and lead to wrinkles over time.
2. The acid in potatoes can be too harsh for sensitive skin types, so it’s best to use them on the less sensitive parts of your face like around the nose or mouth area.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can We Use Potato Juice For Face Daily?
Yes, you can use potatoes on the face daily. Just use raw potato juice as a cleanser to get rid of dark spots, acne, and any other impurities on the skin. Mix it with other natural ingredients to form a pack and use it every 2-3 days.
Is Rubbing Potato On Your Face Good?
Yes, Rubbing potatoes on your face will be very beneficial for your skin. Potatoes contain potassium, B6, phosphorus, and fiber. These nutrients are all necessary for healthy skin cells (and they smell really nice). Potassium also helps regulate blood flow in the body which can help with acne breakouts.
What Are The Various Potato Benefits For Face?
1. Potato contains vitamins, potassium, and fiber.
2. They help to keep the skin hydrated.
3. The starch in potatoes can be used as a natural exfoliator for the skin.
4. Raw potato juice is an anti-inflammatory agent that helps reduce dark circles, redness, and swelling.
5. Potato can help with acne and oily skin.
6. Potato helps to clear up blemishes and scars.
7. Potato helps with anti-aging.
How To Make Potato Juice For Face?
Follow these steps to make potato juice for the face –
1. Peel and cut potatoes into chunks.
2. Put the potatoes in a blender or food processor with enough water to cover them.
3. Blend until smooth, then strain through a cheesecloth for about 2 hours (or overnight).
4. Pour the juice into a container and store it in the fridge.
How To Use Potato Ice Cubes For Face?
1. The first step is to cut the potato into small pieces and blend it until you can make a pulp.
2. The next thing that we need to do is strain out any of the excess juice, then add milk and mix them together well before adding in some drops from your lemon essential oil (for flavor).
3. Now pour this mixture into an ice cube tray so they are ready for freezing!
Can I Leave Potato Juice On My Face Overnight?
Yes, potato juice can be used as an overnight treatment or in place of soap for daily use as it’s very gentle on the skin. Potato juice is a natural and organic way to remove impurities from your skin.
What Happens If We Rub Potato On Face?
Potatoes are not just great for a delicious, healthy meal. They also make skin brighter, promote anti-aging, and make skin less prone to dark circles! Catecholase helps with this by removing the excess pigmentation that can cause problems like age spots or discolorations. This enzyme is found in potatoes – so you’ll want to eat more of them if your goal is clearer-looking skin!
There are many benefits of using potato for face. But, it sure can come with some side effects. Make sure you patch the test before using it on your entire face.
We discussed the many ways to use potato for face. Give these natural methods a try. There is not much to lose here.
Tried using potato for the face? Did it help? Do let me know in the comments section below 🙂