This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Noxzema is one of those classic skincare products that has been popular for a long time. The Cobalt Blue jar full of thick, white cream and later the little white anti-blemish pads were found in every home in America.
Over the last few decades, consumers have switched to newer, more fashionable beauty products.
So we must ask: Is Noxzema still considered good for the skin? Particularly, we want to address the question – Is Noxzema good for oily skin?
Noxzema is one of the most popular skincare products on the market, and it is also one of the most popular for its ability to cleanse and exfoliate the skin. However, some people find that Noxzemas can irritate their skin. To find out if your skin is sensitive to Noxzemas, read on.
Keep reading to find out the answer to – “Is Noxzema Good For Oily Skin?”
What Is Noxzema?
Noxzema has been around for a long time, and its facial cleanser is one of the company’s most popular products. That makes it a perfect candidate for Unilever, which owns the brand.
Noxzema can be used to cleanse the skin and remove dirt and make-up. It can also be used to treat acne.
Noxzema has a mild, non-irritating cleanser that you can use on your skin to cleanse it. However, Noxzema is not meant to be used as a treatment for skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis. To find the best products for your skin, check with your dermatologist.
There are five key ingredients in the Noxzema Original Deep Cleansing Cream: camphor, menthol, soybean oil, linseed oil, and eucalyptus oil.
Noxzema Anti-Blemish Pads are the second most popular Noxzema product. They contain camphor, menthol, and eucalyptus.
Eucalyptus oil, also known as evergreen oil, is a type of essential oil that is derived from the evergreen tree Eucalyptus globulus. Eucalyptus oil has been used for centuries to relieve congestion and cold symptoms.
The eucalyptus oil in Noxzema is also responsible for its cooling sensation. Dermatologists say that this ingredient helps clean pores and may help with acne. But if you have sensitive skin, it may cause itching.
Eucalyptus is one of the ingredients responsible for the tingly sensation of their products.
Made by distilling the wood and bark of the camphor tree, it is used topically to reduce inflammation and pain.
Menthol is derived from peppermint and eucalyptus trees. It can irritate sensitive skin. The Noxzema product’s tingly feeling is due to the presence of Menthol.
4. Linseed Oil
Linseed oil has been used for thousands of years for its ability to improve the skin’s barrier function and hydrate the skin. Linseed oil also has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
6. Stearic acid
This ingredient may cause irritation.
7. Soybean oil
Soybean oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for skin health.
What Is Noxzema Used For?
Noxzema is marketed as a treatment for facial skin conditions.
The skin on your face should be cared for, as it is the most sensitive part of the body –
- Your face is different from other parts of your body in that it has a lot of oil glands, which means that it needs to be moisturized more often than other parts of the body. Moisturizers that are too thick can irritate the skin and cause breakouts.
- Normal, oily, or dry skin can require different products.
- Harsh soaps may irritate the skin.
- Your face is more likely to get acne than the rest of your body.
- You may use cosmetics that need to be removed at the end of the day.
Currently, Noxzema has the following products:
- Noxzema Original Classic Clean Cream
- Noxzema Anti-Blemish Daily Scrub Tube
- Noxzema Ultimate Clear Anti-Blemish Pads
- Noxzema Classic Clean Moisturizing Cleansing Cream
- Noxzema Daily Deep Pore Cleanser
Is It Safe For Oily Skin?
When you’re looking for a Noxzema product, make sure to read the label carefully to find out what ingredients are in it. It’s important that you know what you’re putting on your skin, so you can avoid any potential problems.
Noxzema Original Deep Cleansing Cream is rated as moderately hazardous by EWG’s Skin Deep Cosmetic Database. This rating is due to the addition of fragrance, which can irritate sensitive skin.
Propylene glycol is also a common allergen that can be found in Noxzema Original Deep Cleansing Cream.
If you have any doubts about the safety of a particular skincare product, consult your physician before you use it. A dermatologist can help you find the best products for your skin type.
Their hydrating cleanser seems to be good for the oily skin type, thanks to the presence of oils that hydrate without over-drying the skin.
When you first start using their anti-blemish pads, you may experience some dryness or irritation. This is to be expected, as the skin needs time to adapt to the new ingredients. Continue to use your pads for several days to see how your skin responds.
If your skin is sensitive, you may want to avoid the pads altogether. Similar to a cleansing cream, these anti-acne pads are fragrant and may cause irritation for some people.
Final Verdict – Is Noxzema Good For Oily Skin?
Noxzema seems to be a good match for the oily skin type. I would not recommend them for oily sensitive skin though.
Before you buy Noxzema, you need to make sure that it is safe to use.
- Research the ingredients before you use them.
- Read reviews about the product before you buy it.
- Talk to your doctor if you have a serious skin condition.
Do a patch test on a small area of skin before you use a new product to see if it works for you. If the new product causes any irritation, you should discontinue use immediately.
Here is a list of the tried and tested skincare products for oily skin.
Buy Noxzema Products Online
- noxzema daily deep pore cleanser removes dirt, makeup and oil for visibly clearer skin.
- this deep pore cleanser is oil free and removes pore clogging impurities including dirt and makeup.
- our face cleanser for dry skin is dermatologist tested. this noxzema face wash deep cleans without over drying skin.
- this face cleanser for dry skin is dermatologist tested and won’t clog pores.
- apply this moisturizing deep pore cleanser generously on a wet or dry face.
- Deep cleans to remove dirt, oil and make-up without over-drying
- Feel it working as it tingles and refreshes
- Dermatologist tested
- Deep cleanser that removes dirt and oil while conditioning the skin
- Effective makeup remover
- Dermatologist tested
- Made with moisturizing glycerin, eucalyptus, soybean, and linseed oils
- Apply generously on a wet or dry face
- Deep cleans with added moisturization
- Clears and protects leaving skin smooth and soft
- Made with salicylic acid which fights blemishes
- Prevents breakouts
- eucalyptus oil and menthol leave you with the signature Noxzema refreshing tingle.
- Removes excess oil and other impurities
- Clean skin before applying