This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Have you been searching for a natural acne scars treatment that works?
If so, you’ve probably heard about how effective it is to use garlic for your skin.
But do you know why using garlic helps heal acne scars? And, does the method work?
This post will answer all of those important questions and more.
Garlic For Acne Scars: Does It Work?
Acne is a painful and annoying skin problem that can cause scarring.
It affects millions of teenagers worldwide, with difficult-to-treat acne scars being one of the most common issues.
Acne can be caused by stress, poor diet, or cosmetics, but it has also been linked to high levels of insulin in the body.
Garlic is widely considered a healthy food because of its anti-inflammatory properties as well as antioxidant effects on health overall [R].
These two factors have led many people to wonder if raw garlic extract could help prevent and reduce acne scars even though there are no studies to prove that.
If you are looking for natural ways to get rid of your acne scars, then keep reading this article as we will be discussing how garlic can help with acne scars.
Benefits Of Garlic For Acne Scars
There is no scientific evidence that proves using raw garlic extract could help with reducing or preventing acne scarring but one study suggests that applying it topically once daily for two months can reduce the appearance of pores by 26%.
This means that if you have been struggling with clearing your acne forever, this might be something worth trying out!
Let’s look at some of the benefits of garlic for acne scars –
1. Garlic Is A Natural Antibiotic
Garlic is a great way to combat germs.
Its natural antibiotic properties can destroy many harmful viruses.
It’s also used in some culinary dishes.
It has been used throughout history as an antiseptic, and even today it’s used to treat bacterial infections.
It can also help with cholesterol and digestion, which is why it’s added to Chinese and Indian dishes.
2. Garlic Reduces Inflammation And Redness
Garlic is a wonderful ingredient to use in acne scar treatment. It helps calm down the inflammation and redness, which can eventually fade scars over time [R].
3. Garlic Has Anti-Bacterial Properties
Garlic is a great ingredient to add to your diet if you suffer from acne.
It has anti-bacterial properties that can help reduce the appearance of the condition, while also boosting your immune system.
The best way to use garlic is by crushing it and rubbing it on your face in a circular motion for 30 seconds.
Eating three cloves of garlic a day can improve blood circulation and strengthen your immune system, which helps prevent bacteria from causing inflammation.
4. Garlic Is An Antioxidant
Your skin will thank you if you consume garlic.
The pungent ingredient is a natural antioxidant that contains vitamin C, which encourages collagen production in the body. It also helps repair damaged cells.
5. Garlic Has Anti Microbial Properties
In addition to their role as antioxidants, the scientists found that garlic extracts contain additional chemicals.
The researchers concluded that the garlic extract contains additional chemicals, including allicin and diallyl disulfide.
These chemicals inhibit the growth of acne.
How To Use Garlic For Acne Scars
1. Topical Application
Mixing a small amount of garlic with a carrier oil such as coconut oil or sweet almond oil may help to reduce reactions.
1. Apply a thin layer of garlic to the affected area.
2. Leave on for 20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
3. Repeat twice daily until desired results are achieved.
2. Garlic Supplements
Garlic supplements are an excellent way to heal acne scars.
The best garlic supplement for this is one that contains allicin, a sulfur compound found in garlic.
1. Allicin has been shown to reduce inflammation and promote skin healing
2. There are many different brands of garlic supplements on the market, so it’s important to do your research before buying them.
3. It is important to take garlic supplements for at least 3 months to see results.
4. There are many different types of garlic supplements available, including capsules and tablets.
3. Garlic And Water
1. Cut up garlic cloves into small pieces.
2. Fill a pot with water, add the garlic, and boil for about 10 minutes.
3. Let the mixture cool down for about 30 minutes before applying it to your skin.
4. Raw Garlic Juice
Raw garlic juice is a natural way to help reduce the appearance of acne scars
1. You can make raw garlic juice by taking one clove of garlic and squeezing it in your hand until you get a little bit of liquid.
2. Apply this on your face for 5 minutes, then rinse off with cool water or use it as an overnight spot treatment.
3. If you have sensitive skin, dilute the mixture with some water before applying it to your face.
5. Yogurt And Garlic
Yogurt is a natural moisturizer that can help heal scars.
Garlic has antibacterial properties and also helps to reduce inflammation.
Combine yogurt with garlic in a small bowl or cup, then apply the mixture to your skin.
6. Garlic And Honey
Garlic is a natural antibiotic and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Honey is an excellent moisturizer that can help heal scars.
Mix one teaspoon of honey with two teaspoons of garlic.
Apply the mask on your face for about 10 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water.
Repeat this process twice a day until you see results.
7. Garlic And Aloe Vera
Garlic is a natural antibiotic that can help reduce inflammation and redness from acne.
Aloe vera is an anti-inflammatory that can help calm skin irritation and heal scars.
Mix garlic with aloe vera in equal parts, then apply to the affected area for 20 minutes every day.
Here are some other remedies for acne marks natural treatment.
1. If you are using garlic as a topical agent for acne scars, make sure to put it on after cleansing and before moisturizing.
2. Make sure that the garlic is finely minced before applying it directly onto your skin.
3. Be careful not to get any of the juice into your eyes or mouth.
4. It’s best to use fresh garlic instead of powdered or dried because it has more healing properties.
Acne is an inflammatory condition that can be caused by bacteria.
Studies show that garlic has both anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
But, scientists have not yet investigated whether it’s a viable treatment option for acne.
Applying garlic to the skin can also cause skin irritation in some people.
That’s why it’s important to talk to your dermatologist about whether or not you should try using garlic on your skin.