We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please check my disclosure policy to learn more.
In this post, I am going to show you the recipe for a simple homemade vitamin C serum for face.
Vitamin C has some amazing benefits for the skin –
- It is an excellent antioxidant that lightens the skin and repairs it as well.
- It is safe for almost all skin types.
- It is hydrating.
- It reduces redness and evens out your skin tone.
- It helps fade hyperpigmentation.
- It reduces the appearance of under-eye circles.
- It helps promote collagen production and prevents sagging of your skin.
- It protects you against sun damage and soothes sunburns.
This DIY vitamin C serum will definitely improve the quality of your skin. As you will see, it is also super affordable to make at home. It is good for all skin types too. On top of all, this DIY serum smells good too.
How To Make Vitamin C Serum For Face
1. Take a couple of oranges and, grate their outer cover.
2. Make sure you are only grating the orange till it is orange in color. Do not grate the white part of the orange for this DIY recipe.
3. Add one cup of water to it. Put this mixture for boiling at high temperature on a gas stove.
4. When the mixture starts boiling, reduce the flame to a medium-low. Leave the mixture for 10-12 minutes.
5. The mixture will now get concentrated and all the Vitamin C juice from the oranges will get dissolved in water.
6. At this point, strain the Vitamin C juice into a bowl. Make sure you squeeze out all the juice from this mixture.
7. Take 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera Gel and add it to the Vitamin C juice we made in the 1st step. Mix well till all lumps disappear. It is available on Amazon as well as any medical store.
8. Take any Vitamin E capsules available in the market. If you have oily skin, add one drop from the Vitamin E capsule. If you have normal/dry skin, you can add 2-4 drops as well.
9. If you feel that the mixture is still very thin, you can add more Aloe Vera Gel or glycerin into the mixture accordingly.
You can store this homemade glow serum for 1 month, but I suggest you consume one batch within 10 days and make a fresh one after that.
Your DIY Vitamin C serum using natural ingredients is now ready to use. I love this facial serum.
Wasn’t this easy? It doesn’t require much time, and is not taxing on the wallet too.
How To Use Vitamin C Serum For Glowing Skin
- Select a small area of skin.
- Apply a small amount of the DIY serum and wait for 24 hours.
- If no side effects occur, go ahead and apply it to your face. Do not use if you develop a rash, redness, or hives.
- Use it consistently to see the best results.
[lasso rel=”vitamin-c-serum” id=”20401″]
Benefits Of Homemade Vitamin C Serum
- All the ingredients are easy to get and inexpensive.
- It takes merely 5 minutes to prepare this serum.
- It’s safe to use the serum all over your face, as it has all-natural ingredients.
If you liked my homemade glow serum recipe, please don’t forget to comment below. Thanks, for reading 🙂