This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Today I am going to share my favorite DIY Lip Scrub recipe with you guys. After using this DIY recipe, my lips look super pigmented and they feel really nice and rosy red.
Now, using this DIY scrub just one time is not going to help with the dryness. It is a lot smoother in just one usage itself though.
The biggest thing about using this recipe is that it looks like you have a lipstick or lip stain on, and really you didn’t even do anything. I just love how this scrub brings natural pink color to my lips.
I would suggest applying a lip balm after using this scrub, just to lock in the moisture.
You will definitely notice how soft and smooth your lips are after using this DIY scrub. Buying a good lip scrub at a store is kind of expensive and I personally would not go for something that expensive and really unnecessary.
So here are the things you are going to need –
- A small jar. You can just use an old lotion jar.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Petroleum Jelly. You can use Vaseline.
- Flavored chapstick, to flavor your scrub.
- Natural pink-brown sugar. The more coarse, the better. It will scrub better.
- A spoon.
- Aloe Vera. You can use natural Aloe Vera or Aloe Vera gel available in the market.
Steps To Prepare DIY Lip Scrub
- Squeeze out some natural Aloe Vera or Aloe Vera gel into the jar. Just estimate how much to use.
- Chop off some chapstick and add it to the jar. The more you add, the more colorful your scrub will be.
- Add a spoon of petroleum jelly into the jar. The more petroleum jelly you use, the thicker your scrub will be.
- Add some olive oil into the jar. There is really no right or the wrong quantity of oil to add. If your mixture appears thin, add some petroleum jelly. If the mixture appears thicker, add some more olive oil.
- Add sugar into the jar now. You want to add a lot, as it makes the scrub coarse enough to scrub your lips.
- Mix everything well into the jar with the help of a spoon. Its actually quite hard to break that chapstick, so you might want to break that first before adding all the ingredients.
- Just keep mixing all the ingredients until you get the consistency you want.
- Add some more sugar at the end, to ensure it’s coarse enough.
That’s it, guys. It just takes me 15 minutes in total to prepare this scrub. It turns out to be really beautiful as well. 🙂
[catlist conditional_title=”Related Posts” categorypage=yes currenttags=yes numberposts=4 orderby=rand excludeposts=this]