We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please check my disclosure policy to learn more.
If you have oily skin, you might feel that moisturizer is your enemy. Isn’t it?
What if I told you that’s not true? The moisturizer doesn’t always make your skin oily. Even if you have acne-prone skin, your skin does need some hydration.
Now that we have busted this oily skin myth, let’s prepare a diy aloe vera moisturizer for acne and oily skin, shall we?
The diy moisturizer that we are going to prepare today has two main ingredients – Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil.
Aloe Vera Gel is a good face moisturizer. It provides balanced moisturization to oily skin. It has acne reduction and anti-aging properties too. Tea Tree Oil treats and prevents acne.
This homemade aloe vera gel and tea tree oil moisturizer will treat your active pimples and prevent new breakouts as well, without making your skin oily.
I used to apply this moisturizer in my early 20’s when I suffered from active acne and was using isotretinoin.
Why You Should Use Moisturizer For Oily Skin
1) Moisturizing isn’t the same as applying oil to your skin. A moisturizer is essential for improving the skin’s hydration by adding water to it. Having a lot of oil on your face doesn’t mean your face has enough water.
2) If you are using acne treatments such as isotretinoin, your skin can quickly become very dry and start peeling off. Using a moisturizer daily is the best way to prevent these side effects of acne treatments.
3) Moisturizers are not always greasy. Some moisturizers that are specifically created for oily skin, are light and don’t leave your skin feeling too oily. They contain ingredients like glycerin and aloe, that prevent oils from getting trapped into your pores.
Steps To Make DIY Aloe Vera Gel And Tea Tree Oil Moisturizer For Oily/Acne-Prone Skin
1) First, we need an airtight container. Make sure that it’s completely dry.
2) Add 1 tablespoon Aloe Vera gel into this jar. You can use this 100% pure Aloe Vera Gel from freshly cut Aloe Vera.
3) Add 7-8 drops of tea tree essential oil into the jar. Can you mix tea tree oil with your moisturizer? Hell yes. This tea tree essential oil is highly recommended by people.
4) Mix all the ingredients nicely.
Our homemade aloe vera moisturizer for oily skin is now ready for use.
How do you use tea tree oil and aloe vera for acne? You can use this DIY moisturizer on a cleansed face. You just need a tiny amount of gel on your hands and rub it into your skin, till it gets fully absorbed.
You can store this homemade aloe vera moisturizer in an airtight container for 7-8 days and then make a fresh batch. Since we are not using any preservative in our DIY recipe, I prefer using a fresh batch every few days.
Benefits Of DIY Aloe Vera Moisturizer For Acne
Oily skin is tough to manage but Aloe Vera and Tea Tree Oil are two of the best natural ingredients to take care of your oily skin.
Can you mix tea tree oil with aloe vera gel for the face? Absolutely. Let’s look at some tea tree oil and aloe vera gel benefits.
Aloe Vera has natural astringent properties that help absorb excess oil and any other impurities built up on the oily skin. Hormones auxins and gibberellins present in Aloe Vera have anti-inflammatory capabilities that help to heal scars, if any, created by acne in your oily skin.
Aloe Vera also contains a host of Vitamins and Minerals, that help to take care of skin and nourish skin without making it oily.
Tea Tree Oil has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that help kill acne-causing bacteria and makes room for new and clear skin. That makes it highly effective for spot treatment.
Tea Tree oil helps to balance the sebum production of the skin. Since its anti-bacterial in nature, tea tree oil cleanses the pores and keeps infections at bay.
Tea Tree oil is the hero in cutting through oil and grime that have built up on your skin throughout the day.
Note: This DIY recipe is not a substitute for treatment. If you have severe acne, you can give this Proactive 3-Step Acne Treatment System a try. Always visit a dermatologist in severe cases.
Loved the homemade aloe vera moisturizer for oily skin recipe? Try these other great home remedies for oily skin.
Do let me know in the comments section below if you liked my DIY Aloe Vera Gel and Tea Tree Oil moisturizer recipe for oily skin 🙂